Mar 6, 2016

A place to thrive in


Sitting in the library surrounded by books gives a feeling of comfort. At the same time, it also stimulates the desire to read more, know more. As I was reading Rajmohan Gandhi’s ‘Mohandas’, something of the spirit of sacrifice and service that was in the book seemed to enter the surroundings momentarily. When I came back to my room, my roommates were rearranging the study tables. So I joined in. I started the exercise hesitantly. But when it was finished, it opened a new space in the room where we could study peacefully. Cut off from the beds, facing the beautiful lawn of the academy and natural light coming through the windows, it was a place that would tempt anyone to come and spend a few minutes there.


So after the arrangement was done, we all sat together and began studying. The weather was simply disarming. It rained and a moody mist engulfed the hills. The scene from the window was perfect. Study progressed slowly. The seemingly trivial task of arranging the table and chair at a good place and giving some thought to what we need and setting up the room accordingly facilitates actions such as studying or being active so much more. I don’t think I would have enjoyed the day as much had I been studying from my bed. 

View from the window

1 comment:

GST Refunds Delhi said...

Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.