Oct 13, 2009

Why 'words and beauty'?

I often used to think - What's life? What is all this about? And each time I thought about it, I came up with a different answer. But the inner me kept saying that there is no purpose to this thing we call our life. And the more I thought about it, the more convinced I got that there is no plan in this planet. It's all chaos and accidents. May be that's how life itself began, by some unplanned accident of a couple of amino acids. But then here I am now, with the whole of my life before me, and what am I supposed to do with it? Well, most of the time I feel alive when I see beauty. And then I realised that there is beauty all around me.

When a guy in a simple dress tells you he's cool by the way he carries it off- without the slightest hint of self-consciousness, the way a girl looks at a boy with love in her eyes when she knows that the boy is being intelligently or foolishly foolish just to get her attention, the way a great footballer puts the simplest of passes but with so much elegance that you are raised to some stratospheric heights of bliss, the way a cat walks, the way a dog wags its tail, the way some guy lets go of an argument he knows he can win, when some unexpected incident makes you realise that you were in the wrong side of things... All of these are just some examples but there are so many day-to-day incidents that are so beautiful, if only we can open our eyes and see them. Sometimes there is just so much beauty around, you feel your heart caving in and you know you are at peace with the world. So according to me, living life is to feel that beauty. Because life is...well, beautiful. Since I can put my feelings into words here, I call this blog 'words and beauty'.

But i'm just beginning to realise a lot of things and I have no talent for certainty. I keep learning, unlearning and re-learning and I might contradict myself in the next blog or press upon my point more. Whatever I do, the viewers of this democratic blog have all the freedom to argue, condemn or agree with what I write.
So come on in....WELCOME to http://wordsandbeauty.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

carol said...

Cool work shyam.
I have a lot of things that i may wanna comment on or to be more precise, argue off. But i'll let it wait for another day.
For the time being, i just have one word to describe ur blog "subarashi".
Keep updating.

Shyam Rajan said...

thanks carol... lovely to have your feedback...