Jan 7, 2012

Day 4 - Some changes in the routine

With Manoj gone, I reported to work under Mr. Muthu and accompanied him on his tasks. Apart from weed cutting, this time we sprayed the cattle and livestock with insecticides to keep them free of infections. I had to hold the cattle while Mr. Muthu sprayed them.


Holding the buffalo was quite easy, but the cows and specially the calves gave some trouble. I held them as they tried to run and often had to hug them tight to keep them still. As a result, when we finished, I was also disinfected with insecticides.

I couldn't bring myself to hold the dogs - Mickey, Bon and Chutti. Thankfully, the boss's maid gave us a hand. I photographed this from a safe distance.

After work, boss asked me to take a shower in the small canal inside the farm and stay back for a while. Me and boss cooked wild boar again and had a good chat. He was warm and friendly. As we talked he asked if I wanted to go hunting that night. I said yes. But unfortunately, the forest guards were on rounds that night (A deer that my boss shot earlier had walked a bit on and died in a neighbour's farm. As the forest department got scent of this, the troops were on constant vigil.) So the plan was cancelled and after a long chat, during which some of the boss's friends joined, I went back to the mill and slept soundly.

No comments: