Nov 9, 2011

And then, there were none!

The civil services Main exam has come to a close. God, it was like the close of commonwealth games. Couldn't wait to get out of it. I had nine papers and therefore the following poem inspired by the nursery rhyme 'ten little indians' and of course, Agatha Christie.

Nine little exams had me studying late,

One was a bummer and then there were eight;

Eight little exams were too difficult to govern,

One had general questions, left were seven;

Seven little exams demanding many tricks,

One was an essay, so there were six;

Six little exams made me nose dive,

English came to the rescue and then there were five;

Five little exams made me all sore,

Hindi almost choked me and then there were four;

Four little exams, let them all mighty be,

Was prepared for history, so left were three;

Three little exams still, Oh what shall I do?

Wrote some story and then there were two;

Two little exams haunting like an Injun,

Literature was not bad, and then there was one;

One little exam between me and fun,

Scribbled something out and then, there were none! :)